Real estate is one of the most attractive industries that doesn’t require a lot of professional qualifications to get started. If you are interested in becoming a real estate agent in London, this article will share everything you need to start your career in real estate.
Real Estate Agent Job Duties
Before becoming a good real estate agent, you need to know the duties and responsibilities that come along with the job. So here are some of them
- Conducting property viewings
- Valuing properties
- Advertising and marketing
- Negotiating prices for both buyers and sellers
- Booking surveys and assessments
- Rent collection and management
- Client advising
Real Estate Jobs Which License Is Required
In the UK, it is not mandatory for real estate agents to be licensed to carry out their jobs. However, some companies still might require their agents to have achieved specific qualifications to be eligible to work with them. These qualifications are most commonly from the,
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- National Association of Estate Agents
Real Estate Career and Job Opportunities
Real estate jobs in London cover a broad spectrum of job opportunities that you can take part in. Also, depending on the speciality that you got, each person can take part in different careers in the real estate field. This includes
- Realtor – Connects buyers and sellers, promotes properties, and manages rental properties
- Agent – Bargains the sale or purchase of property on behalf of a realtor.
- Broker – Conducts real estate marketing and sales.
- Seller’s agent – Selling a property for a commission
- Buyer’s agent – Determine their availability and showings and recommends the best property
- Dual agent – Works with both the buyer and the seller to make deals.
- Transaction Agent – Deliver the message to the buyer and seller.
What qualifications do you need to be a Real Estate Agent?
Since the UK does not require specific qualifications or licensing for real estate careers, things become less complicated. Also, there is no need for you to complete any degree to take on real estate jobs in London. However, having knowledge and education will certainly give you an edge.
What skills do you need to be a Real Estate Agent in London?
To become a successful real estate agent, there are a few skills that one should possess. Apart from that, these skills will help real estate agents to adapt to situations better. They are,
- Honesty and integrity
- Problem-solving skills
- Local area knowledge
- Negotiating skill
- Ability to read body language
How much money do real estate agents make?
The average salary for real estate jobs in London is around £30,000 to £ 80,000 per year. However, for entry-level real estate jobs, this value can start at £25,000.
Interested in becoming a real estate agent in London? Let us help you find the best jobs in real estate in the area. Our recruitment professionals will guide you throughout the process so you can land your dream job in no time. Contact Us.